What do you want in a baby monitor in Evanston?
In years past, a baby monitor was pretty simple. You put a microphone-type device on a table next to the sleeping area, which sends audio signals to a receiver that looks like a walkie talkie. However, baby monitors now provide additional benefits. To illustrate, some monitors now have HD video and two-direction communications. You may even connect your monitors to Wi-Fi so you may wander all over the house. The latest baby monitors in Evanston are so elaborate that they are similar to interior surveillance systems in both features and price.
Should you switch baby monitor with a home security camera?
Since baby monitors and surveillance systems have similar capabilities, you have many people in Evanston integrating their child’s bedroom to their comprehensive home security package. This approach is beneficial -- particularly when using to a Vivint smart home -- as your baby monitor now has:
● HD video with low-light capability: Your monitoring device should include 1080p HD resolution, and infrared functionality for reliable low-light performance.
● 2-way communications: You won’t always have to go inside the bedroom to get your newborn back to a restful state. A comforting word may be all you need to keep bundle of joy asleep.
● Motion activation: Even though you can have your monitoring device function around the clock to keep a close eye on your child, your attentiveness could diminish over time. However, when your video surveillance identifies anything unusual, you can configure it to deliver a text alert to your smartphone. This is helpful when the baby soundlessly scales out of the crib or when your family dog noses into the space.
● Recording capabilities: Many baby monitors do not capture video footage. Today’s modern devices allow you to deliver a 20-second clip to grandparents to allow them a glimpse of what a special, sleepy child you have.
● Mobile phone monitor: Instead of carrying a separate device with you, you are now able to supervise your little one from a simple smartphone app. You might even touch base with your tot and babysitter if you’re able to get a night out.