The latest smart security installations have become increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, you may still fail to complete easy security chores like arming your a home security system, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you didn’t have to worry about these tasks in the future? With geofencing in Evanston, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Evanston For Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary around your residence, which you may set up in your smartphone app. The technology then tracks your cell phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart implements take advantage of to interact with each other. This technological advancement aids your security system by putting all devices onto a single network. You can then set up a unique boundary on all sides of your home and designate the specific actions you want to occur as you move beyond the prearranged border line.
For instance, shortly after you leave your driveway, you could instruct your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can inform your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, activate lighting, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
Here are several of the technologies you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your home security system in Evanston. When accessing the mobile app, you can make the most of automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: program your smart devices to engage at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to dim to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make particular equipment engage in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to activate the connected fan when a smoke detector goes off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting if your security camera notices abnormal activity outside.
● Set a scene: Make custom room scenes with components that all act in concert with each other. Make your lighting lower, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks activate when the day is done. Or customize a scene for movie night with specific lighting and thermostat settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm if you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your cell phone, you'll never forget to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Evanston
Whether you seek added certainty of a fully secured property whenever you go to work or you wish to explore your home automation options, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (847) 268-7321 or complete the following form to begin customizing your optimal security system.