Security cameras can solely be used as a hindrance—something that tells criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to tighten your home’s defenses.
Fortunately, today’s security cameras arrive armed with a plethora of features all designed to deliver total protection for your family. Whether it’s two-way talk and recording capabilities or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion detectors, these tools empower you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Evanston.
How To Set Up Your Evanston Video Surveillance For Premiere Protection
The first step to optimizing your security cameras is installing your devices in the best places around your house. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in frequented rooms such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a good idea to set a camera looking at main hallways, stairs, or other transitional areas intruders would have to pass to reach the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear scene of your porch, drive, front and yards, garage, and other outdoor separated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your main entryway through a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places inside your interior that aren’t quite as important to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Seclusion for you and your guests ought to be a major concern before mounting a camera in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you need a form of device in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Home Security Cameras
Camera placement is only the foundation for extracting the most out of home security cameras in Evanston. The additions shown below help to elevate security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get automatic messages on your mobile device whenever unusual motion is detected. You can also set cameras to start recording when activity is discovered which helps boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your video surveillance to record and save clips to the cloud for easy playback at your convenience.
- Two-way audio: The majority of current security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to chat with anyone via the unit. Via ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re inside or talk to your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view is a term for how much a lens can see, and provides a more comprehensive look at what where you want to protect. Check for cameras that provide at least 120° coverage or that can pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that can capture footage of pitch black movement.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more specific, program activity zones. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to inform you of activity happening on your yard or your porch and ignore cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera footage, control cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send up-to-date alerts when the see something unusual taking place around your home.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Evanston is simpler. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security is elevated from merely a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (847) 268-7321 or submit the form below to start customizing your security system today.